The Davis Island Fishing Foundation “DIFF” is a non-profit club for people that enjoy recreational surf fishing and associated fellowship and social activities on South Core Banks of Cape Lookout National Seashore, affectionately known as Davis Island.
Statement of Purpose
The purpose, objectives and efforts of DIFF are to benefit the DIFF membership and other visitors of Davis Island.
• DIFF actively supports and demonstrates responsible use of off-road vehicles for beach access to engage in surf fishing and other suitable activities.
• DIFF promotes a code of ethics for responsible behavior on the island.
• DIFF educates visitors on the rich heritage of surf fishing and current fishing conservation practices.
• DIFF provides physical and fiscal resources to assist the Park Service in maintaining cabins and other facilities.
• DIFF hosts fishing tournaments for its members enjoyment.
• DIFF supports the conservation of Davis Island’s culture, history, heritage and appropriate protection of its fish and wildlife.
• DIFF collaborates with the park management, concessionaires and other supportive organizations to benefit the DIFF membership.
• DIFF maintains awareness of activities that could affect Davis Island in a positive or negative way and responds appropriately to support the DIFF purpose.
• DIFF provides effective communications to its members by web site, newsletter and periodic meetings.